Pages

Friday, January 27, 2012

Say What? Same Look, Different Year!

A flashback of my son and me at his middle school wrestling match

My son is in high school now (9th grade) and his homework habits are changing, and not for the better.  It is a struggle to keep him on task and it's driving me batty.  It's not something I can ignore or he will limit his opportunities after graduation.  We were working (I thought) on a New Year and New Homework attitude.  He used to be so good with managing his homework and assignments in middle school, what's going on?!?!?!?

Last night and this morning I once again explained the importance of keeping up with his assignments and informing the teacher or me if he has issues. 

ME:  How are the online quizzes going in Spanish?

SON:  What do you mean?

ME:  What do I mean? (deep breath)

SON:  Huh?

ME:  Didn't you have a problem logging-on and taking the quiz this week?  Didn't you e-mail the teacher?  What was her response?  Did it get fixed?

SON: Oh.

ME:  Oh! Say What?!?!?!?  Work with me here.  Have you taken any of the quizzes since Tuesday? (I'm clutching my pearls, because I already know the answer.)

SON:  no

ME:  Say What?!!!? 

SON:  no

ME:  Have mercy.

SON:  (he's got nothing - just this look on his face like the photo above)

ME: Whew. Mercy.  (my face looked similar to the photo above too)

SON:  Most of the class can't get to those quizzes. 

ME:  Talk to her this morning, I will contact her as well.  Get your grade for each class as of this date.

I know it's still January, but we have to reevaluate our 2012 homework goals.  This here, isn't working.

Mercy.

No comments:

Post a Comment